Professor Rosalind Edwards
- Job title: Professor of Sociology
- Email: R.S.Edwards@soton.ac.uk
- School: Sociology, Social Policy and Criminology
- Location: University of Southampton.
- Website links: Rosalind Edwards University of Southampton
Professor Rosalind Edwards is a Professor of Sociology within Sociology, Social Policy and Criminology at the University of Southampton.
Rosalind is a Fellow of the Academy of Social Sciences and is a founding and co-editor of the International Journal of Social Research Methodology. She has researched and published widely in the areas of family life and policies, as well as studying and writing about research methods.
Rosalind’s research interests are centred on:
- how to think about and conceptualise family lives – theory
- how best to conduct studies into family lives – research methods
- what goes on in people’s family lives and the ideas and assumptions shaping family policies – substance
She takes a critical sociological approach coupled with feminist relational perspectives to address and understand theory, methods and substance, and is especially in how these are shaped by gender, social class, race/ethnicity and generation, within geographical, political and historical contexts.